Monday, March 16, 2015

Let's Face It...

I'm lazy.  Every time I get in this thing, it is glaringly obvious that the time between blogs keeps getting longer and longer.  And it's always some version of the same ol' bullshit.  "It's been awhile.  I feel bad about that.  I should look at that.  Some other time ~ I have more important things to write."

But, do I?  I have ideas.  Goals.  Wants.  Needs.  Desires.  Lazy doesn't do any of those things any good; it doesn't bring them any closer.  There are times to be lazy and there are times *not* to be lazy.  Lazy is easier.  It is quieter.  It is less exhausting.  Lazy is all kinds of things, but one of those things is *not* healthy.  I cut off my left breast so I could be healthy again.  I went to chemo every Friday for 12 weeks so I could be healthy again.  I "willingly" instigated full-blown menopause at the tender age of 45 while in a *brand new* relationship so I could be healthy again.  I am offended.  I am insulted.  I am disappointed by my laziness.  I deserve more respect than that.

A wise man once said, “Reality denied comes back to haunt.”  That is the truetrue.  But a different wise man also said, "A person who has never made a mistake has never made anything."  I am quite accomplished at mistake-making.  I am so excited to see what is made of more recent mis-steps.  But if the accomplishment of "making" something necessitates mistakes, (def. a act or judgement that is misguided or wrong) can you really call it wrong?

1 comment:

  1. You know how I feel...life is so much more about the experience and journey and these are things you and I both do well; which is why I believe our friendship continues to thrive despite illness, geographical distance etc...love ya my friend...keep aspiring to be the more because that's what makes you the inspirational badass you already are 😉💛

    ReplyDelete